Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Remembering Heidi and her tapir photos


Heidi Frohring, a friend and the tapir keeper at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, passed away May 1, 2005. Yesterday I came across a folder of 96 of the photos she'd sent me over the past few years. Most of them are of the tapirs at the Woodland Park Zoo. One or two are of tapirs elsewshere, a few are of her human friends, there are couple of Heidi, a few are of other animals, and one is of flowers. Putting them online properly takes such a long time, and I wanted to get them up quickly so everyone could enjoy them. Click on either photo above and you'll find a list of picture links. Click on each link separately to see the photo. There is also a zip file with all of the photos that you can download near the top of the picture list.

I love Heidi's photos. Like her, they are creative, interesting, and bursting with character. They also give a sense of how much she loved her tapirs.

1 comment:

tapirgal said...

Kate Wilson took the photos with file names that start with IMG. Some of these are of Heidi. Since I found these pictures in a file on my hard drive simply labelled ZOO, there are probably other photographers out there who I neglected to credit. If you took any of these pictures, let us know!

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails