Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks for thinking of us!

On Friday we received a surprise check for $100.00 and a wonderful letter:

Greetings,

My travelling companion and I were strolling the river walk back in April of this year, having come to town on a cruise ship. We were thrilled to find your store! Who'd have thought, a preservation organization up in chilly Astoria focused on preserving a tropical species.

By the way, the adorable Coati Mundi that I purchased that day sits atop my computer monitor at this very moment.

I've had a soft spot in my heart for Tapirs ever since encountering an Asian tapir at the Stone Zoo in Massachusetts as a child. Enclosed is a small donation for your general fund.

Sincerely,

Eugene in Oakland

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails